Psychotherapy comprises therapeutic approaches that provide private, personalized sessions for individuals to discuss problems and concerns with a trained therapist.
Psychotherapy, or counseling, helps individuals keep jobs, establish more effective personal relationships and learn skills to adapt to changes within oneself, others, or the environment. Specific therapies include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
Who will benefit from counseling?
- Difficulty functioning with daily life routines, such as, organizing, socializing, adjusting to life after high school
- Difficulty coping with significant life changes, such as, loss or illness of family member, friend, housemate or significant other; loss of job; coping with physical limitations or injuries
- Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders or other major psychiatric illness
- Anger and/or Stress Management difficulties
- Trauma or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder requiring a specialized behavioral approach
Comprehensive social history assessment
To make an appointment, call 914-495-4500
For further information, please visit our contact page.