Speech and Language, Physical, and Occupational Therapy services provide assessment and intervention strategies for dealing with physical disabilities, focusing on increasing independence.
Speech Therapy Services
- Screening for difficulty with speech and/or language (e.g., gag reflex, voice quality, breath support, articulation, receptive and expressive language, advanced communication)
- Assessing needs and providing instruction for assistive technology
- Providing therapy to improve articulation, language and communication
- Treating to improve swallow and safe eating techniques
Physical Therapy Services
- Assessing for strength, range of motion/flexibility, posture
- Evaluating ability for bed mobility, transfers, balance, ambulation on level surfaces and negotiation of stairs
- Evaluating function when using a wheelchair or assistive device
- Therapy to improve strength, range of motion/flexibility, posture and quality of movement
- Therapy to improve transfer, balance, ambulation with or without a walker or other assistive device
- Providing recommendations for changes in home, environment, and for medical or adaptive equipment
Occupational Therapy Services
- Assessing Activities of Daily Living (e.g., bathing, grooming, dressing, meal prep, self-feeding, simple cleaning, community skills)
- Screening for gross motor and fine motor skills (e.g., bed mobility, transfers and balance, coordination and strength, handwriting, grasp/release, transferring objects)
- Assessing visual motor and visual perceptual skills (e.g., attention to visual space, response to visual stimuli, eye contact)
- Assessing cognitive skills (e.g. attention, orientation, following commands, problem solving, money management, object recognition)
- Therapy to improve strength, range of median flexibility for upper extremities and trunk controls.
- Therapy to improve Activities of Daily Living, functional and fine motor skills
- Therapy to improve visual and cognitive skills
- Recommending adaptive equipment to improve activities of daily living
To make an appointment, call 914-495-4500
For further information, please visit our contact page.