Provides diagnostic, evaluative, and therapeutic services for a broad spectrum of speech disorders for children with developmental disabilities. Participates in completing and updating the Comprehensive Functional Assessment. Provide in service training to staff as needed/requested and or assigned. Must have car and NYS drivers’ license. Must have considerable knowledge of OPWDD regulations. Professional- Graduation from an accredited College or University with a Bachelors or Masters degree in Speech Pathology. Licensed and currently registered as a speech Pathologist by New York State Department of Education as a person eligible for licensure by virtue of holding a certificate of clinical competence.
The Children School for Early Development, serving children with developmental disabilities ages 0-5, is seeking a Part Time Social Worker. Responsibilities include assessment, implementation of a plan of action based on the needs and strengths of our students and their families. Case management, counseling, social work advocacy, consultation. Requires a Master’s degree in Social Work, and a NYS Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW). Considerable experience and knowledge of social work practices provided within an early childhood special education setting is expected.
The Children’s School has several collaborative inclusion classes located in community early childhood settings for preschool students with a disability. We are seeking a substitute certified special education teacher, experienced working with young children with developmental delays and disabilities. In addition to classroom management, curriculum development and lesson planning to design activities that meet the IEP goals for students, this position requires communication with parents, school districts and other professional clinicians, working on a collaborative team.
Requires Graduation from College or University with a Master’s Degree in Special Education and at least two years of experience.
- The residential Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist assesses residents’ nutritional needs and food patterns based on age, activity level, and special circumstances resulting from health related conditions including disabilities, diabetes, high blood pressure, food allergies, and obesity.
- For assigned residents, the certified dietitian/nutritionist plans for and directs the provision of food appropriate for physical and dietary needs and provides nutrition counseling and recommendations.
- For assigned residents, the dietitian/nutritionist plans menus, directs the preparation of food to meet dietary needs and trains residential staff. Ensure that each assigned resident receives a balanced and nutritious diet, served at appropriate times and in as normal a manner as possible.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in dietetics/nutrition with a minimum of six months of experience, OR an Associate’s degree in dietetics/nutrition with at least eight years of experience.
- Must be Certified as a Dietitian-Nutritionist in New York State. A NYS Driver’s license is also required.
- $29.23 to $42.32/HR
Work with a person with developmental disability providing assistance in acquiring and maintaining adaptive, independent living and social skills that enable the individual to be as independent as possible. Activities with the individual are community base whenever possible. Goals are based on valued outcomes in accordance with the individual’s service plan. Requires HS Diploma and a valid NYS Driver’s License. Associate Degree preferred.
Assistant Teacher needed for early childhood program serving children with disabilities in Westchester County. Job duties include play and learning activities in a preschool classroom working under the direction of the Teacher. Experience working with young children and knowledge of developmental disabilities preferred.
Requires HS Diploma and NYS Teacher’s Assistant Certification, college is preferred but not required.
- The Arc Westchester’s Children’s School for Early Development, which provides services to children with developmental disabilities ages 0-5, is seeking a NYS Registered Physical Therapist.
- Requires BA degree, NYS Physical Therapy License and experience working with children as a physical therapist.
- $25.27 – 27.47/HR
The Respite Counselor will supervise and assist teens and adults on a scheduled recreation/respite activity which can include after work, after school activities, trips and school vacation programs. Requires High School Diploma/GED and a valid NYS driver’s license for minimum 2 years.
- Duties include assisting individuals with their leisure time, health care, safety, and self care needs in residential settings and in the community.
- HS Diploma/GED and a valid NYS driver’s license for minimum 3 years. (Note: 2-year NYS Driver’s license with no points will also be considered)