Become a Legacy of Love leader through your bequest and ensure that The Arc Westchester will be around for future generations.
Back in 1945, a small group of parents joined together to create meaningful lives for their children with developmental disabilities. Their passion and commitment created The Arc Westchester and a framework of support and security for the children they love so much. But this heritage remains at risk.
A gift through your will, trust, retirement or life insurance plan can give vital support to vulnerable people for generations to come.
- You don’t have to be wealthy to make a significant gift
- You can make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime
- You can receive guaranteed payments for life in return for your gift
Many people of all ages and backgrounds are making a difference in the lives of people they love, in their community and in their own lives.
The ability of The Arc Westchester to reach out to the greatest number of people with developmental disabilities has been greatly enhanced by bequests from family members and friends over the years. Our ability to provide quality, leading edge programs now and in the future will continue to be directly influenced by those who plan their estates to include lifelong gifts and bequests to the The Arc Westchester Foundation. We salute those individuals who have had the vision and forethought to consider us in their future plans.
Supplemental Needs Trusts: Thinking About the Future
Decisions about the future are often the most difficult and the most burdensome for the parents of people with developmental disabilities. The questions often seem overwhelming.
- How will my son or daughter be cared for in my absence?
- Who will care for my son or daughter as guardian or trustee?
- Should I set aside money for my child?
- How should my will make provisions for all my children, the ones with special needs as well as my other children?
- Have I done everything I can to protect the financial future of my son or daughter?
- Are there other relatives who should be involved in planning for the future?
These decisions about the future demand careful consideration. The options and opportunities for parents are many and the legal and financial concerns intimidating. We are committed to helping people understand the options and directing them to the information and resources that can help them make decisions. One option that may be appropriate for many situations is a Supplemental Needs Trusts.
To learn more about planned giving programs or how to become a member of the Legacy of Love Society of the The Arc Westchester Foundation, please contact:
Fran Higgins, Assistant Executive Director
The Arc Westchester Foundation